Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Continuing the floral theme.



Have you seen Victoria magazine, revamped?
One issue features a fabric vase with test tubes of fake flowers, could also be real.
I liked the idea, had the necessaries near my table so came up with my version.
Here is the plan.

One piece chintz 20 x 5-1/2" long. Cut out with pinking sheers like they did.
Fold top down 6" and bottom up 3-1/2". Both to wrong side.
Now fold bottom up again 4" for pocket.
Sew 3 channels for tubes, 1-1/2" wide and sew the outer edges about 1/2" all the way down.
Sew a ribbon hanger to the back on each side. I used 25" of rayon binding.
Make a fussy cut flower with a scattering of pink seed beads in center and attach to top side. My idea that.
Now here is the original and my copy.
The tubes I used were plastic and held beads at one time.
Why not send me your pictures if you make one.

1 comment:

GardenGoose said...

looks so cute. love it.