Wednesday, April 30, 2008

NZ again



Went to Cambridge NZ and caught up with some of my cultural background in Highland Dance.


I was at the local Market and captured the pic. of the local Pipe Band.

Cambridge is a small village near my Mother's place.


It is a national treasure and a gem of British influences with old Oak trees, quaint streets and houses and a goodly number of country pubs.


First Picture is the band playing for the Sunday market days.


Second picture are two little dolls I found in the market. They are wearing the Buchanan tartan, which is the one my kilts were made from when I danced many years ago.

1 comment:

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Lilla! I'm of Scottish ancestry, too! Clan Hay (my dad's grandmother) and McCurdy (a sept of Stewart). How wonderful that you used to dance! =) Your Scottish dolls are very sweet.