Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cove along the Posillipo


Here is a stitchery I did of a fishing village.

The background is painted cotton broadcloth.

I drew the lines of the huts with a felt tip marker and filled in with straight stitches and thin yarn.

To make the rocky forground I used padded shapes, old fabrics crumpled, shells, buttons, beach glass, french knots, sea moss, frayed stuff and more.

It is a very dimensional and textural piece. have yet to frame it.

Hope you are inspired to create a scene yourselves, I receive a lot of satisfaction from doing this free form sort of art.

3 comments:

Rowan Willow said...

Lilla...you are AmaZInG!!! This is so awesome. I wish I could do this kind of stuff...maybe someday!

Take care lady :0)
Rowan Willow
aka Tiffany

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Lilla - I've used this word on your blog many times, but this is AMAZING!!!!!!! I truly enjoy admiring your style of art!

Lilla said...

Beachy, thanks a lot, love to mess with fibers. This is one result
aloha