Friday, July 11, 2008

Beads and more beads



Using fabric and paper scraps can be trying sometimes but I find these beads just the ticket.

I cut paper or fabric into either rectangles or pointed shapes and wrap around plastic straws.

To hold I use dabs of glue.

Paper beads I often varnish or paint, tyvek beads I often paint then hit with a heat gun.

Fabric beads I usually wrap with fibers, maybe sew on beads.

I sometimes remove the straws, if needed they stay in place to give stability,
just cut with the scissors to trim.

I have dipped the paper beads into glue and sprinkled with glitter lately, glitz is in.

The jar looks cool with all the beads showing, I glued fabric to the lid and edged the lid with trim. Now I don't want to use the beads, they are too much pleasure to look at.
So will make another jar to use in my art. Busy, busy.

2 comments:

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Are you ever not busy, busy Lilla? You amaze me - these are stunning.

Lilla said...

Hi Niki,
here's a secret, made these last year. Keep on collecting them.
Surprising I know but I work fast in little increments.
Off to the beach or for a swim every day.
In the afternoon heat I siesta and read, watch TV or just chill.
That is pretty much the routine.