Tuesday, July 8, 2008

here is my entry in the challenge


I made a heart shaped memory box.

Crinkled some eggshell silk and transferred the pic. onto cotton then draped vintage lace and gauze around the picture. Embroidered some flowers and roses and added pale pink beads.

The lid was padded and the embroidery stretched over the top and afixed to the sides.

I lined the box with draped pink silk, more pink lace and some matching gimp.

Design notes

I added the word Remembrance to the original using my computer. I wanted it to be part of the image, not added on.

It felt simple and elegant to me, I tried to maintain that look.

Not easy as I like to embellish.

I had everything at hand, just played a bit to find the right composition.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

So, So beautiful! It's soft and dreamy just like a sweet memory!

Viola said...

FABULOUS, Lilla!!! :o)

Rowan Willow said...

You amaze me, you make the most beautiful art with your fabric and ribbons and lace...I loved all the repurposed pieces of art too.

Take care lady
Rowan WIllow
aka Tiffany

Pat Winter said...

Lilla, Yes, it is funny we both chose boxes to embellish. I was going to cover an album, then make a purse, but the idea of covering a cigar box just fell into place. My box will be going to my niece in HI. She just had her first baby, a girl, and this will be for her to keep treasures and memories in.
Your box is beautiful as always. Wasn't this fun? I love the image Gail chose.

Alexandra Knittel said...

It's a stunning little piece. Love it!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

So dreamy - I love it - you must have a sewing needle permanently between your fingers - do you ever stop?!
Niki

Myrna said...

Beautiful! Great job!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Oh Lilla! This is absolutely breathtaking!

catharinas-love said...

Hallo Lilla you don't no it but I am a big fan of your work and I am glad that I find your blog !!!!

Your work is so beautiful , I love, love, love it !!!!!!!
Rini - the Netherlands