Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer festival




Our little local park is having a great summer festival.

Lots of games, good Hawaiian food and music to enjoy.

I worked in the Keiki tent last evening and took these pictures.

The fish pond game was a hit. I helped the keiki 'go fish'.

Love the band, they had a great happy sound. So fab. in the Hawaiian sun.

The rides were a big thrill and the food plates such a mixture of the various cultures that make up the Islands. Food aka Grinds were very Ono.

3 comments:

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

We went to a county fair yesterday, too, Lilla! But it certainly didn't have that wonderful Island flair that yours did! =) I saw "Kahlua Pork" on the sign in your pic (sounds DELICIOUS)! I indulged in a tasty crabcake last evening. =)

Rowan Willow said...

Mmmm Lilla this so reminds me of when I used to work in a lil Hawaiin restaurant...I loved the kahlua pig and cabbage and to this day I still get cravings for macaroni salad and white rice...dang it, now I'm gonna have to find a restaurant, or some really good recipes for kahlua pork & cabbage.

Take care lady :0)

Lilla said...

Tiffany, thanks for dropping by. Did you live here? When was it, or did you find some local grinds on the mainland?
aloha Lilla