Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Two altered books.



Some altered books from my hands.

The composition book is from a class I taught and is mostly sepia colored. Old lace, photos and scrap on dictionary pages.

The other book sits on the bag I made to keep it in.

The pages represent each color of the rainbow.
In the correct order.

This book was in a show downtown.

My altered book group were the gallery participants.

We made a huge used book sculpture as the centerpiece, and asked anyone who attended to help themselves to the free books.

Then we had a blank book and lots of supplies out for anyone interested in creating a page.

The book was filled. A big success.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

What a great idea! I wish I coulda been there to get a book and supplies, plus your inspiration!
What fun!!
The books are beautiful!

catharinas-love said...

Your altered books are sooooo beautiful !!!