Saturday, November 8, 2008

My last entry in this challenge for a while.



My entry was printed on treated fabric , made to appear like canvas. Used a new product called Digital ground white, by Golden.

Next I printed lots of phrases onto paper, inked them, sliced them and sewed them to all the cross slats. I did say slats!

Sewed a few lines to frame the piece, stamped a few numbers in the window panes and added lace at the top and bottom.

Then I adhered the whole thing to a 12x12" sheet of scrapbook card.

Added bits of old lace at each corner to resemble lace curtains and hung a key with 'love' imprinted on one side.

Key also from Mindwideopen, part of my prize from last time.

14 comments:

studiorose said...

Lilla, this is absolutely breathtaking. I'm sorry to hear you won't be taking part in the challenges for awhile - why not? I always look forward to seeing what beautiful creations you come up with.

nightowl said...

Very pretty piece as usual. I love all the sewing and handwork in your pieces.

Pat Winter said...

Love it! I wish I had time to enter, soon I will be free to be!!!!!
Smiles,
Pat

Lilla said...

I will be away so don't worry . I will return renewed and refreshed.
Not quitting.
aloha

NANCY LEFKO said...

beautiful !!!

Simple Journeys said...

You created a lovely effect with the fabric. I especially like all the words and phrases on the slats.

Pearl said...

So soft and nice!

Myrna said...

Beautiful job as always, Lilla!
I love how dreamy and romantic your work is!

Lucy Edson said...

Gorgeous use of the image!! So loved reading your creative process - all of the words add such a special touch! Beautiful project!

Cape Cod Memories said...

Stunning work, Lilla! I keep returning here in part for the inspiration (but mostly becaue you're such a dear blog friend)!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

This piece is stunning!

Sandi said...

Found your post while searching for lace curtains. Beautiful work

GardenGoose said...

very nice art piece Lilla!

Uniquely Myself said...

Lilla - this is is so beautiful. I really am enjoying your blog. You are a very creative lady. Sandra