Sunday, March 15, 2009

Keeping it simple


Just learnt of the trend, ' KIS. '

Well bit hard for me, I do like to throw everything at my projects to see what sticks.
But I like good technique and clean lines with some elegance. That's just me!
This quilty is for someone to frame.
Made in half an hour, love that.
I always like the idea the Amish use in their quilts, they add some small imperfection.
I also do that but maybe for other reasons.
In this 8x10" fabric piece the broken button is my little bit of imperfection.
See if you can find it.

4 comments:

My Journey to Hope said...

This is beautiful! How did you sew the words on there? Do you have to have a special attachment? I'm new to sewing, but I'd love to do some of that. Thanks for the inspiration!

-Michelle

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

It is absolutely beautiful!

Lilla said...

to write the words I used my quilting foot, no other special changes to my machine. Just usual setup and started to write like it was a pen.
thanks for asking
Lilla

My Journey to Hope said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try this soon.

-Michelle