Sunday, April 19, 2009

My paintbrush case

I painted the fabric for my painting and sketching zip pouch.
Found some batik to line it with and to decorate it.
My easy way to line it.
Lay the painted piece onto a bigger lining fabric. wrong sides together. Fold lining onto front all way around and zigzag edges.
Add a zipper to the top and there I have an artsy painterly pouch for my brushes and even some tubes of watercolor.
Background painted fabric is muslin painted with 'Joint compound' which crackles it. Then acrylic paints were brushed and splattered on.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Iove the colors!!!! Sharon

Wanda said...

Hi Lilla, I haven't been by for a while, but I know I will be in for a treat when I make it.
I really loved your vignettes, especially the first one, it is just my colors. Of course it is all a bit of "eye candy". Cheers.