Saturday, August 29, 2009

Batik leaves


I make all kinds of fabric leaves and since I showed some Dior roses I thought leaves would add a bit more.
Use any fabric, batik works well, and double it. I use a small zigzag st. and sew basic leaf shapes.
Next I give them some design with a fabric marker for veins and I draw around the outside of the stitching with a gold marker. This will seal the edges when they are cut.
Cut out with either pinking shears or regular shears.
You can fold a wee pleat in the bottom for more dimension.
For the arrangement I just put some of my flowers and the leaves on the scanner bed.
Let me know how they turn out.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

lottie said...

How beautiful - and realistic too. Thank you so much for sharing another 'trick of the trade'.

I had a go at a rose, but need a bit of practice or else I did it wrong.

Are the two tone roses made with one multicoloured square or two squares - I couldn't work it out.

Hope to have a go at the leaves on Monday - I will let you now how I get on.

I am so looking forward to trying out some small projects, then hopefully when winter sets in I will be able to have a go at bigger projects

Lilla said...

two tone roses are one square, my painted muslin actually.
aloha

Lottie said...

Brilliant - they are so clever and gorgeous - really realistic