Monday, December 7, 2009

Living in the Islands



We remember the bombing of Pearl Harbor on this date 7th December 1941.
Quiet reflection here and still many questions as yet unanswered.
I was senior writer for a Pearl Harbor magazine called the Broadside, unfortunately it went out of business some years ago.
I wrote this cover story of the Surrender of the Japanese and did travel to Japan to the bay where the signing took place.
I wrote about the War, the surrender especially became my focus, since the Battleship Missouri resides in Pearl facing the Battleship Arizona.
She is turned toward Port, the wrong way, a silent salute.
So much History, lest we forget!

3 comments:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

A wonderful tribute, Lilla. And what a job you had! That's wonderful! =)

Pearl said...

There are many who will not forget, including I and my family and many others I know. Thanks for the trubute.

Household 6 said...

I thought about you and my family there on Hawaii... as well as our older friends, living and passed, who witnessed this with their own eyes.
Hugs to you