Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Funky writing tutorial


I do this often, when I want the look but not the actual words.
To do the technique on fabric I cannot write on easily, like this wool felt, I use a black marker and write on leftover bits of transfer paper.
Just scribble with the look of words, when ironed on they will be mirror image but that is part of the fun.
I made the New Year pouch from pink wool felt with this treatment.
Also made a green wool felt sewing kit using the formula.
I wrote a page here for you if you like but must say I save my paper scraps and if possible use them.
Upcycling right?
I write this way by saying nonsensical sentences in my head and then free associate to scribble across the paper.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Terri's ThreadArt said...

I mean ~ REALLY Lilla! I may have to acuse you of being one of the most creative bloggers I "know"
You are such an inspiration!

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Great idea and beautiful needlebook!

Ruth Rae said...

a fantastic piece! It truly has a wonderful aged effect! great work.

My Journey to Hope said...

I love the look of these- the faded colors, the soft fabric, and the writing. Great idea for getting the look without saying something in particular. Thanks for the inspiration!

:) Michelle

Pearl said...

Wow I really love that scissor holder and the effect is so cool

Barbara Jean said...

Gorgeous gorgeous!!!

Love your work!

blessings

barbara jean

PS Thanks for the tip on how to do it

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

This is a great idea, and your needlebook is beautiful!

shirley said...

Lilla, love this style, I have worked a couple of these silk pics as well, love your work very creative. Shirley