Thursday, April 1, 2010

Clip board, Make over.


Clip boards are so useful and essential in my studio.
Here is one way to jazz up a small one to hold notes and ideas.
Paint the board dark brown. Tear a piece of stained ephemera and adhere.
Glue on some torn lace fragments, top and bottom.
Tie a double bow with old seam binding and glue to bottom with a button in center.
Find an old broken buckle or brooch bits and another button and 2 rhinestones. Fix together and glue to the hinge with tacky glue.
Hang above your desk or table for a picture perfect clip board.

9 comments:

Debby said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Debby

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

A wonderful (and beautiful) idea, Lilla! So nice to have you back! =)

Pam Kellogg said...

So glad to see you back Lilla! And I love your new project!

Createology said...

Welcome back Lilla. It is great to check your blog and find you again. I like your clipboard. I made these before and everyone loved them. Happy creating...

Gerry said...

This is such a wonderful idea.
A truly spectacular clipboard.
A must for every gal.
Hugs,
Gerry
we've missed you.

FredaB said...

Hi Lilla

Great to have you back. I missed reading your blog everyday.

I like the idea of the clipboard. Might even have some old brown ones around in Chicago. Must check.

Hugs

FredaB

Jenny Doh said...

So nice, Lilla.
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Oh My! You are so sweet and creative. I have just began my hunt for tutorials to make handmade flowers. Thank you so much for sharing. And your fabric books are to die for. A too am a collector of old lace, doilies,buttons etc...Now I have a few wonderful ideas to try. You are a shabby angel.
thanks again, Tee in Florida

Attic Clutter said...

a darling idea(:)
thanks