Monday, April 19, 2010

Tutorial, jewelry from old Cds





To make, cut up the CD.
paint the reverse side and glue a magazine picture on the front.
Use diamond glaze to give dimension to the center image, leave the background matte.
Use hot glue and quickly surround the edge with a thick line, add gold leaf and seed beads while glue still warm.
No leaf, wait until glue is cool and then paint with gold or with glitter.
Glue seed beads in parts.
Finally make pendant neck-pieces or add brooch pins on the back.
I have made these for years and they hold up perfectly.

12 comments:

Lottie said...

They are fantastic - love them - I will have to have a go at this

alveen said...

Wow!! You never cease to amaze me with your great ideas. Will certainly try my hand at this. Thank you for sharing.
Regards Alveen

Coleen said...

you are amazing!

Yitte said...

They are lovely, i will certainly try this out. Thanks.

Sea Gypsy said...

Thank you for this fabulous tutorial! It looks like so much fun and a great way to use those beautiful images that I have yet to use:)

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Aren't you kind Lilla to offer inspiration to others - these are stunning and I can't wait for the weekend to give them a try. I've got some lovely paper - somewhere - I've just got to find the safe place I put it!! Thank you so much.

Catharina Maria said...

Beautiful , Lilla !
Rini

Anonymous said...

What an inspiration you are, thank you & God bless you.
Just one question if you don't mind. I was wondering what you use to cut the cd's as they seem to shatter.
Blessings
Trish

Lilla said...

I use utility scissors to cut CDs.
Some will break by hand too.
You will lose some, never-mind that.
Lilla

silvia said...

These are lovely! Thank you for sharing I may get around to making at least one.....maybe. My question is though: won't it have sharp edges where the cut/break is?

Lilla said...

No sharp edges, they are covered. Lilla

zina maioli said...

bellissimi! A great artist!