Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tutorial, just some cords



Like to make cords, all kinds.
Here then my favorite little thingy to help.
Cut any number of threads 6 times length needed and fix one end to the hook and other I jam in a drawer. Tape to a table if that works. Turn handle until it kinks back on itself. Unhook .
Hold taught and slip hook over center of twists, grab free ends and let go. Sometimes a helper is needed.
I have had to stand on a stool to let it go if it is long. Be sure to not both ends.
Looks nice with one metallic thread added to the mix, as in sample.
To store, wind onto an empty spool that is decorated with a gem on top.
Give some as a gift to a friend.
Other cords, made with one strand of yarn, chunky cord made with seam binding.

3 comments:

Lottie said...

What a great idea

Debby said...

Thanks for sharing, beautiful.
debby

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Lilla
You are so clever - thank you for sharing. I seem to remember my mother showing me this when I was young. She was a very talented needle worker.
Everything on your blog is beautiful and I'm looking for to the next Sew Somerset - are you in it?
Thank you for sharing.