Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Altered Manila folder


I belong to a lovely artsy group here and last night we took old folders and added some style!
Mine has some of my faux writing/scribble, some paint, cut up paper and a flower.
On top I drew a little girl inspired by Kelly Roberts. Not as whimsical as hers though.
Sides have gaffer tape to make a pocket.
I used real make-up on her face and felt tip pens for the painting. Outlined with charcoal pencil to make her 'pop'.

Little word from the wise, after I get lots of queries.
Yes you may link my artwork to your page if you make the tutorial or project.
Giving a little credit for the idea is always nice and appreciated.

4 comments:

Lottie said...

Oh I love that style of drawing the face and those gorgeous big eyes are captivating

Createology said...

I recognized Kelly Rae's style. Love your altered folder. Happy creating...

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Beautiful folder Lilla!
Beats the old brown hands down!

Sherry said...

Such a beautiful piece of art, and I think it does have a lovely whimsical quality about it.