Friday, June 11, 2010

A case for travelling


I went to school in NZ many moons ago, we carried a small suitcase at that time.
I found one here all tattered and smattered so gave it a bit of a face-lift.
First a coat of gesso then about 3 coats of tan paint, I had to mix to get colors I liked.
I had the old travel labels so this was a breeze. Glued them on.
There is a great local store here called 'Jams World', it features bright Hawaiian clothing. Their store front has a lot of similar suitcases, open and inside showing Hawaiian cushions, shorts and things.
Love it. You could paint any suitcase and fix it like this.

5 comments:

Home and Heart said...

SO cute!!!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Oh if only I've traveled all the places your suitcase advertises! ;)

Lottie said...

Oh but your suitcase is so special with lovely metal clasps - just like they used to have.

What a treasure chest it will of your lovely tags etc (no doubt)
I spent the most magical time in NZ - our holiday of a lifetime - and if asked I always say that if you can only go to one country in your lifetime - go to New Zealand - so many aspects of different countries all one on beautiful package.

We stayed only on farms - remote, different, great hostesses and fantastic food - I'll be daydreaming all evening now of our adventures - off to get out the old photo album

BLISS angels said...

Hi wonderful idea... I have a truck I have just painted and need labels like yours where did you find them???? ~Wendy at Blissangels

Sharon said...

Love your case. I use old suitcases for display and storage all the time. Time to gussy them up a bit.