Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bottles from the sands of Time





I make altered bottles and have shown lots before.
They line my window ledges, and fall over.
Do not think I showed the tiny artifacts I make, these bottles are only approx. 2" high.
So maybe I will do a little video on these.
Tell you some secrets like where I find the bottles, how to make a cork when none fits.
Adding crustiness and ancient gold leaf.
How to make them stand up.
Yes you all know where I find them, especially if you live in Hawaii.
Or maybe not!

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

Tres chic and lovely! I have used rhinestone buttons as a lid but your lids are so pretty!

These are beautiful bottles, each a work of art.

Pearl said...

I love doing bottles too, these are very beautiful Lilla.

The English Romantic said...

Your bottles are so pretty. i love them, need to have a closer look at your stunning work! i love bottles too.

Sea Gypsy said...

Lilla these are just beautiful and so different from what everyone else is doing. I love them!

Irma said...

Love your work! very unique idea. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog, and I'll be keeping tabs on you ;)

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Lovely altered bottles, Lilla! Living near a beach, I suspect I know where you are finding yours (wink-wink)! ;)

Sea Gypsy said...

I finally have my tree up and posted your beautiful gift on my blog!

carole brungar said...

I love your bottles! They are simply gorgeous and I'm sure they would look very pretty on a windowsill. Your postcards look very pretty too. You've been a very busy girl!

Terri Kahrs said...

Hi, Lilla! I just found you through "Sea Gypsy's" blog and I'm so happy that I did! Your work is stunning. I'm now a follower and can't wait to see your work unfold in the New Year! Hugs, Terri

Createology said...

Oh Lilla I have not seen your lovely bottles before and these are enchanting. I love them and can imagine they are magical in person. Happy Holly Jolly Joy to you...

Catharina Maria said...

I am in love , little but great !
♥RINi♥