Friday, March 4, 2011

A French project





I make lavender filled sachets for my drawers and gift enclosures.
Here are the latest to come out of my studio.
Size about 2.5" square. Very easy!
Fabric is the trick.
I used old linen for the top and burlap for the back.
Stamp the linen with permanent ink and French stamps.
Cut fabrics bigger than you need and sew with zigzag stitch.
Before you sew the back to the front, right sides together , slip a lace fragment across a corner.
Also important, zigzag one edge of the burlap, this is the side left open.
Sew 3 sides, turn, finger press the opening , stuff with lavender and soft stuffing mixed.
Ladder stitch the opening closed.
Tie together in twos for a presentation.
I added some glitter glue to a couple of the sachets to mimic beads.

13 comments:

Lottie said...

So original = these look so very vintage - only you can create a lavender bag that is not 'twee' but a work of art

Createology said...

These are simply charming. Lavender is such a soothing scent. Very chic indeed.

Robin said...

They are so adorable Lilla, especially the way you have them tied together....they look like little pillows and I'm sure they smell heavenly. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

Kathy said...

Just beautiful.. love lavender..

Rhondamum said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Rhonda...

Jaqi said...

These are gorgeous, they look so delicious. you are very clever, i imagine they smell beautiful. I love France and Paris in particular and remember all the lavendar fields there , thanks for reminding me of that holiday

Dorthe said...

THEY ARE GORGEUS, LiLLA--
LOVE THEM, AND THEIR "OLD SACK" WIEV- A WONDERFULL IDEA, WITH THE LAVENDER.
DORTHE

Rhonda said...

I do love the look of these, Lilla. You've inspired me once again.

Lilla said...

Thanks so much for the nice comments.
I used to embroider them, now there are stamps! Yeah!
Lilla

556e5130-388c-11e0-b876-000f20980440 said...

Your ideas are always stunning. Really french looking. I don't need to tell you that i love them, do i? Elly

Wanda said...

love the French stamps. TTFN

Just Me and My Shadow said...

Love the French look. You are so talented.

Chrissie

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Tres chic,Lilla! Love them.
Thanks for sharing.Can I borrow the idea? Of couse I would link back to you:)Please let me know.
Thank you.
Hugs,
Marie