Monday, May 16, 2011

How I make the coasters below

I cut the squares out, easiest to make a cardboard template
Stripes can go every which way, and will end up looking good.
Use charm squares too if you like. Arrange them on the backing and sew from the back side.
Trim well, cut corners and turn to correct placement.
I poke the corners out with a chopstick.( I live in the Islands so have plenty.)
They will be a little rounded.
Press well.
I dyed my ticking in coffee.
These are a great use for all kinds of fabric bits. They can all be different.


1 comment:

Createology said...

Lilla your coasters are sew unique! I have not seen these before and love the possibilities of fabric choices. Also love your little stamped tea bags. Your tutorials are always so helpful. You are super generous and I thank you. Happy recycling...