Monday, May 16, 2011

I know you have this pattern, it is old.





But, I am refreshing my coaster pattern, have used it for years.
I have such a lot of ticking so am challenging myself to find ways to use it.
For the tea bags, I empty them into a container, then dye in some of my old tea or coffee.
Dry them, iron them and stamp.
I used wonderful passport stamps I got in NZ.
For the accompanying coasters:
You need 5x5" squares of fabric. about half a yard for the four coasters.
4 of ticking, one from canvas.
If you use lightweight fabric you may need more of the canvas .
Cut out with a template.
Align the ticking which is folded in half. Folded edges to the middle.
Last piece will be tucked under the first.
Sew all around, trim well, turn out and press.
Stack 4 together and tie with aged string.
Add one of my great little altered tea-bags.
To present, I add either tea, of a bag of coffee.

5 comments:

Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my gosh I love these!!
I love the dyed tea bags so much too :)
Thank you for sharing!!

xoxo
Lori

The Feathered Nest said...

These are so beautiful to me and I just LOVE that you are using empty tea bags, perfect!!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Dorthe said...

Lilla, everything you make, are fantastic,-I love this, and with the stamped tea-bags, -oh so beautiful.
Hugs,Dorthe

Rhonda said...

How beautiful, I love them. I'm so behind in blog reading and look what I missed!!

I must try this - you know how much I love stained anything.

Elly said...

Never running out of ideas....and i swear..i will save my teabags now (:o)