Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ok I am second from right.

Did my pants give me away?

Little talk about lace.
I am not an expert, but have dabbled in it all my life.
Even made lace years ago.
If lace is bought in France it can come across the pond from England, and often does.
Much of machine made french lace is created on looms in Lyon.
A dying art, by the way.

Lace also arrives in France from Switzerland and Belgium, probably other countries too.

I was asked about netting lace from France, almost gone now, and you know why, the net rots.
If you find it, usually is a scrap, and with rips in it.
Now villagers hold onto good pieces and charge a fortune.

The lace I purchased was usually thrown in a big plastic sack. I had to take the lot.
So mine is a mix of all sorts.
I am putting it in bunches of similar kinds.

4 comments:

Pat Winter said...

I can't wait to shop! I will look you up in Houston...finally I'll get to meet you :-)
Hugs,Pat

Createology said...

Your laces and what you make with them are simply scrumptious.

Rhonda said...

I'm trembling with anticipation, thank God tomorrow is payday!

Tina @ TinyBear said...

Looks wonderful - a perfect bunch