Friday, January 20, 2012

Love in the window






A little project for a Valentine.
Put it in a window or add to a greeting card for a pretty gift.
So easy and yet effective.
Using a sheer background shows off the heart nicely.
Here is what I used
organdy square,
burlap cut to heart.
torn toile ribbon,
small scrap of red ticking,
scrap of torn scrim
a word,
I embroidered mine but you could stamp it or cut from an old card or something.
Dark color sewing thread.
Layer and sew together to form an applique, tie a one loop bow with the toile and sew to the heart.
Voila! Hope you create some.

6 comments:

Just Me and My Shadow said...

So cute and love the light showing through it!
Chrissie

Bente said...

I like it. Very cute.

Have a nice weekend

Hugs Bente

Lottie said...

Such stunning work Lilla. Ijust adore your mermaid blue works

Rhonda said...

You still amaze me, Lilla. What a simple yet gorgeous heart! You betcha I'm making this one.

Linda said...

I like this very much. creative idea, thanks Lilla.

Phillipa in NZ said...

These are delightful.