Thursday, January 19, 2012

One sewing bag





Do you want to see if we really use special equipment in the studio?
I am curious myself. Wonder what others find helpful.
Here is a traveling sewing bag I especially like.
Took it to quilt festival and found it perfect to hold all my tools.
I noticed my students taking photos of it inside and out.
Bit of a challenge to put this sort of Zip in, it curves around and has to open in two.
I did it by hand first and then machine.
Added the trim by hand.
I had sewing stickers, and they were glued on to embellish.
I did a frayed applique technique to decorate the outside.
This is a roomy 16x12" open

6 comments:

shirley said...

Love your bag and is great for travelling. You have embellished it beautifuly, although I would baulk at that zip.

Createology said...

Sew practical and clever...I adore this.

bohemiannie! art said...

very cool!

suziqu's thread works said...

What a beautie Lilla! - Not only is it sweet but it does the job perfectly all in 12"x6"!
Hugs,
Suzy

Rhonda said...

I needed this bag just this week. I was on a 5 hour flight from Florida and my hands wanted to create!!

Ooh La La, Lilla!

Linda said...

beautifully done, thanks for sharing.