Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Costa Brava doll




I enjoy making Parlor dolls since I first saw them in Australia, so many years ago.
I was teaching for Judith and Kathryn, they gave a class on parlor dolls which I quickly enrolled in, I have developed my own style from that.
I suppose mine are less detailed and more eclectic than theirs which are beautifully beaded.

If you are lucky enough to find any of their books, see my dolls and other stitchery there.
This lady is from one of their silk prints.
Lilla

6 comments:

Lottie said...

Oh Lila - she is absolutely gorgeous - and such wonderful colours!

Createology said...

Lovely parlor doll. I do not know of these ladies...I will Google them. Blissful Stitching.

Rhonda said...

I've never seen these before and I just adore the lace dress you add to your doll.

Beautiful work, Lilla. You so inspire me to try something new each time I see your creations.

JoAnne said...

She's gorgeous!

Evy said...

That she marvel this doll is delicious, j'adore!!!!

Beautiful day

Yitte said...

Beautiful, love the colours.