Sunday, August 19, 2012

One example of the challenge I posted below.





As promised I have made some collage projects using the simple elements pictured.
For this one, I wanted to make a frame or shadow box effect .
I did not have one so made one from cereal box card. Pretty basic.
To stabilize the frame I glued on corrugated cardboard.
Then to give dimension to the elements I used tacky glue and hot-glue in 'globs.' Technical term here.
I distressed all the images a little and dry brushed with white paint. See the finished item for ideas I added.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh, this is so clever -- I am going to try one. Thanks so much for sharing -- you give me tons of inspiration!

Shirley Cox

Createology said...

Now this is upcycling to its finest. Lovely work Miss Lilla.

Lottie said...

What a brilliant idea making a shadow box out of a cereal box and cardboard - we all have those things to hand don't we - and it saves a fortune. Just perfect, and thank you so much for the idea

Mina loves art said...

It's really lovely Lilla.
I'm going to do mine at the weekend - promise!!!!

xox
Shane

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Kia ora
It's beautiful Lilla and I love the idea of a box.

We've got till the end of the month - right? I'll do mine at the weekend - promise!

Shane

Monique deconiq said...



que des bravosssssssssss