Friday, November 9, 2012

a bag to hold Holiday wishes

Made from very old and naturally stained filet crochet.
I scrunched some drop lace and other bits for a tassel. Braided the handle.

Thanks for comments.  I do love them.

You know I live on an Island , we have one craft supply shop of sorts, so I have to make do!
I grew up that way and try to either create it, or re-use something old in my cupboard.
 I do not shop the mainland, rather I like to support our local ohana.
I do believe it takes imagination and fine craftsmanship to make an elegant project.
Now this is a long rambling from me, better go!

14 comments:

Createology said...

Lacilicious Miss Lilla.

Pat C. said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the tassel and the jeweled embellishment.: ) xoxo

Just Me and My Shadow said...

I love this bag. It is just so vintage and pretty.
TFS
Chrissie

Linda said...

the simpliest of things are often the most beautiful. one of the things i like most about your artm, somethng beautiful from a few items.

Rhonda said...

You do have a point, creating with what you have or take from the cupboard. Very gorgeous bag....it is your signature style!

Maggie said...

What a gorgeous bag! I'm inspired to use some of my vintage lace to do the same. I think it's more fun, unique, beautiful, and satisfying to make items out of what we already have rather than buying new.

Shirley said...

How I love your ingenuity and artistic talents -- such inspiration. Thanks!!

suziqu's thread works said...

This is repurposing vintage crocheted lace simply at its best!

Wanda Maria Roszak said...

Beautiful your art. work,Im Love it !, greet:)))

Maggie R said...

Beautiful Lilla
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Gypsea said...

This is very beautiful Lilla. In this throw-away society we live in your philosophy is refreshing.

Lottie said...

Fabulous art work bag - and I totally agree in supporting your local shops - if we didn't we would lose them wouldn't we

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I love the filet crochet - it's so perfect for a sweet little bag.
Simple and stunning!

Barbara Jean said...

love it. enjoying perusing your blog again.
have not been by in some time.

blessings
barb