Friday, January 4, 2013

Bird quotes, project

To make my wrapped bird quotes booklet you need

6 x 10" piece burlap and same of vinyl wallpaper.
Pages for book, I used ledger paper,  some with writing and some plain
Image for cover,   button, twine and a quote printed on narrow strip of paper.
My quote is about nature and birds and is by Thoreau
Sew edges of burlap to stop fraying. Add motif to cover, I printed a bird onto brown paper and sewed it on.
Cut wallpaper a bit smaller and sew inside cover on ends only.
Fold into about 3 and crease. Sew a line down folds.
Fold pages in half
Add quote to spine and sew down center with big stitch.
Now time to finish book. Sew pages to left fold.
Make a closure with a twine loop glued and sewn to left front. See pics for all steps.
On outside make a small burlap patch to sew an old button to. This will add support.
Close your book of quotes and add more to the pages as desired.
your friendly bird lover, Lilla

5 comments:

Elly said...

OHhh..so lovely and a right project for a sewing beginner like me. I'll let you know when it's finished. Happy New Year, dear Lilla (:o)
xoxo

Gill said...

Fabulous Lilla!
Am I right in thinking that burlap is what we call 'hesian' in the UK???

Di said...

So sweet, just the thing we need to brighten our day, Di

Marlynne said...

I have a close find that shares a February month Birthday that would love a bird booklet like this. Maybe I'll put the rush on and make one. Thanks for the inspiration!

Elly said...

As i promised...here is my version of your book. (:o)
http://ellypirally.blogspot.de/2013/01/embrace-old.html