Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project for a Sunday

So quick and easy.
This is a card holder for a gift or your purse.
 Big enough for Kleenex too.
Made Mucha style so if you want to, here is the 'recipe'.
Cut the base fabric, muslin is fine  5 x 13"
Print Mucha onto good paper.
Tear 1" strips of fabric and lace to cover base and sew the strips down middle onto the base.
Cut point. Make one pleated strip to cross fold at upper flap.
Sew on Mucha print. Above that sew on the pleated piece

To line cut same size and sew to back of piece with wrong sides facing. No need to turn for this style.
I pulled down the lining half inch on flap so that I could make an accent there. Sort of looks like a frill. Trim the sides of the piece.
Now sew around complete edge with a zigzag and fold into place
Stitch sides.
Glue on a button and sew a snap underneath. I cut the shank off the button.
Not classic Mucha, so make it your way, show me    Lilla






11 comments:

Lottie said...

Your fabric is just stunning!!!!! What a perfect gift to make and one for ourselves - just what I need this time of year - the winter seems to be going on forever!

Just Me and My Shadow said...

Ahhh!! More Mucha!! Love it.
Chrissie

Linda said...

You and Mucha-unbeatable.

Createology said...

Oh my goodness I am swooning over your Mucha creations Miss Lilla. Thank you so very much for sharing your lovely style and how to. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Carmina said...

Wonderful...I love this mucha...
sorry, Mucha means doll? I'm romanian and maybe dont understand so well...
Carmina
http://carminarte.blogspot.ro

Marlynne said...

Going to try my hand at a Mucha bag!

Dortesjs said...

amazing love it just so cute

Marlynne said...

Enjoyed your art projects and visiting your Etsy shop

jeanga6 said...

I am pleased that I found your blog. Ahhh sounds of Hawaii. I lived there 20 years ago. Your blog are now linked on my blog since I used your mod podge tutorial on youtube to transfer some designs for a project I am working on. If you would like to see my blog it is at http://frenchoddities.blogspot.fr/2013/04/les-coiffes-catalanes.html
Let me know if you do not want me to link to your blog and I will remove the link.

Wendy AppleApricot said...

They're gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the how to. Hugs and happy day, Wendy

Tamara said...

Love your book bags! and love you on youtube. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas. You are a gifted artist.