Monday, February 4, 2013

Scrappy journal project, Italy

When I travel I collect all sorts of 'stuff.'
Hard to keep in a box so I make scrap-books.
 Very simple, no special attention given to pages.
I make them with found paper, brown bags are good.
Wrinkle up and then iron flat.
Good number and size   12 x 8 inches.  make about 6 sheets folded in half to created 24 pages.
 Sew down center, wrap some torn fabric along spine.  Add some assorted yarns as decoration.
See my cover with scrim glued on spine.
Make a special cover that denotes the place visited or the country.
Add a pocket on back inside cover and put tickets and small things in there

To collage pages, sew together in no special order  things you saved
 Turn them sideways or cross others and make patches big enough to almost cover each page.
 Glue on the final collage or sew to pages, watch both sides though



10 comments:

Linda said...

Love this idea. Anything with paper makes me happy. Great art Lilla. thanks for sharing.

Shirley said...

Now I'm inspired to get mine finished!

Rhonda said...

Paper equals love. Adore your techniques.

Createology said...

With all of your travels you certainly have a lovely way of saving and enjoying all those scraps and bits of memories. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts Miss Lilla...

Erin Fish said...

This is a fabulous idea. Love how you create something so beautiful using such simple materials.

Marloes said...

Che bello! Thanks again!

Lottie said...

Sensational

Marlynne said...

Really Love your Scrappy Journal & Gypsy Wander Bag1 Want to make them both! Maarlynne @ preciouscottage.blogspot.com and mcreatesdaily.blogspot.com

danidan67 said...

Hi from Cortina d'Ampezzo !!!! (Italy).Into one of your photo/paper there is Cortina's Tower !!! I live here.... sorry for my bad english

Lilla Le Vine said...

I visited Cortina many years ago.
Grazie Lilla