Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Paper serviettes?

Serviettes, they make great art pieces.
For this little fun idea...
Separate into 3 ply and use as you like.
To make the journal I used stitch witchery to bond the paper to muslin for the book cover.
6 sheets of nice paper were sewn down the center and added to the journal, these I decorated with quotes and torn bits of the same Paris paper.
Plenty leftover to make a tag for a pocket too.
The first and last pages get glued to the fabric cover.
Tie twine around the binding and it is done.

Now I will send one serviette, plus red baker's twine, to 3 friends who put their name into my old battered cap.  Leave comment as usual.

Closed Now
Winners soon.
fini the journal
other half
half of napkin

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Count me in, this is a wonderful idea. Ooh La La

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Another gorgeous idea Lilla - can I put my name in your old battered hat?
Good to see you're back in the swing of things!
This is very pretty!
Shane ♥

Diana said...

Dear Lilla, What a clever idea! You are so imaginative. I am glad you are back with us. Please put my name in your hat too. Thank you for sharing your art with us.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Please add me! I would love to have one and I would love to see how you put them together for inspiration to do my own. I'm going to start looking for pretty paper napkins!

Createology said...

Miss Lilla you are truly on a creative voyage. Serviettes into a journal...tres chic! I would love to be included in your battered old cap. Happy Creative Hearts...

Joolz said...

Oh just lovely! Please put my name into your battered old cap, I would love to win it!!

luverlie said...

I would love to be included. Thanks for sharing all you do and I enjoy watching and creating to your youtube videos.

Darlene said...

It is great to have you blogging again and sharing your wonderful creations. Please add my name to your cap as it would be a treat to receive a serviette.

Jenny said...

You always inspire me with the things you create. Thank you again for sharing your clever creations & techniques.

Please throw me in your cap for a chance.

Gill said...

What a great idea Lilla!
Count me in please!

montana joe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Olivia Hernandez said...

I hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation! Please put my name in your hat too. Thank you for sharing. Olivia

Lottie said...

So glad that you are back - good luck you all your ladies - would love to see what the winners create