Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I am dyeing today, fabric that is

I have some projects ongoing for magazines and need some palest pink textiles.
Once more did an assortment on my Lanai and hung up in the trades to dry.
Here is some lace, 4 kinds of silk, some satin and bits of ribbon and trims.
I used the same dye-bath for all.
 See how each lot turns out differently, but because they were dipped in the same pot of dye they all blend nicely.
I used Rit, very small 1/4th teas. in boiling water and salt.
Name is Petal pink, liquid form


 



6 comments:

susanne said...

I love these soft pretty pinks , they're so delicate .. can't wait to see how you use them.

alveen said...

Nice to know you're "in the pink" Lilla. Good to find that you are back blogging. You are such an inspiration.
I too have just returned from NZ, stopped off for a cuppa and a browse in Otorohanga, great too see it looking so green.

Createology said...

Love the soft pink shades and how they are moving in the breeze Miss Lilla. Lovely base for your projects...

Maggie said...

Such perfect shades of pink. Now I think I need to give some of my linens new life. Looking forward to seeing how you use these.

Rhonda said...

Warm breezes and beautiful fabrics, they seem to go together.

Violet Ethier said...

Pretty, pretty. they turned out lovely..Violet in Canada