Sunday, July 28, 2013

Looks a bit odd I know, birds have affected me!

I made this card to really try out couple ideas, and I used bird items on my desk to accomplish it.
In the solo image the front of the card is layered with a transparency that I made.

front cover

How to do it:
I cut 2 pieces of printed paper 6 x 12 and a piece of muslin same size.
Inserted muslin between paper and sewed around edge
Folded in half for a card
Then made 2 clear images, front is a feather and inside is my hand print.
Layered the front with a glittery star and bird I had made earlier.
Topped with a clear feather image.
The inside left, has a sideways pocket with some bird tags I created.
Right side has a clear layer over a hanging tag, ( my hand print.)
Back of card has an image ..... Crow at window.
All images are my photos.
Finally tied some jute twine along the spine.

Just a bit of fun to make and couple new techniques.
The black crows are made with the burnt brown bag technique


6 comments:

susanne said...

These are all gorgeous, so creative. I love birds and adore paintings, photos .. anything with bird images. Today I picked up a little bird that flew into the window..I gave him a few drops of water and started to lightly stroke his back . I think he almost fell asleep in my hands until my husband came and took a picture of him .. he stood up and flew away. I was so relieved that he was ok. I will try to post the picture today.

Createology said...

Miss Lilla this is quite a work of art. I adore all the different techniques you have incorporated. Stunning dear...

Diana said...

Dear Lilla, I love this. The colors are so soothing to look upon. I love anything with birds. The use of your hand is clever, it looks like it is part of the bird's tail. Your imagination never ceases to amaze me. I love your work.

Olivia Hernandez said...

I love this too Lilla, this is awesome and your birds!!! Olivia :)

Claudine said...

Très beau travail !

christine said...

Pourquoi avoir choisi comme bannière une photo de prison?