Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Remembering Odette

Since I had a number of small boxes I have been completing a few lately.
Another favorite thing love to do, once the lid is done it is easy to finish.
Handy receptacles for trinkets, photos or special treasures.
This is an Ode to Odette,  ( sorry for that!)
Collage on the padded lid, a cross because of her faith and french script around the bottom
I was  in Amiens where she was born and picked up some ephemera at a war graves museum shop.
Made the copy of a ration book to put inside the keepsake box, it is nicely aged and stained

 
 





7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, Lilla, this box is stunning!

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh this is such a favorite as you know Lilla. You have honored Odette so beautifully on top of that box and love the ration book inside.

That must have been an amazing visit to that war museum!

Createology said...

Ode to Odette is stunning and I adore her story Miss Lilla. Who knew a visit to a war museum would lead to such a lovely creation.

linda smith said...

beautiful

Lottie me said...

I absolutely love this to bits!

Olivia Hernandez said...

I love this, what inspiration Lilla

Wendy said...

This is so pretty Lilla.