Sunday, September 7, 2014

shabby rose my way



I know there are a lot of ways to make a rose but this is my version
It is lovely and full and best, it uses up scraps

Project:
Tear 2 inch lengths of assorted fabric, anything light works
Looks good in a pale print too.
Tear pieces about half a yard long and make enough for  3 yards
Sew down one side using a gathering stitch on machine, when you run out of one piece, lap another 4 inches under and continue
Pull stitches up until a yard long

Roll a core on one end and arrange the rest of the ruffle around it.
Secure on the back with a hand needle and thread
To shape the outer petals a bit, hit them very lightly with a heat gun
Hope you like my idea here and all my projects
3 yards of torn lace and sheers

gathered and ready to roll


12 comments:

Rhonda said...

Your way is the gorgeous way. Love this Lilla.

Lululiz said...

What a beautiful rose! I love the patterned lace in it. Thanks for explaining how you did it.

suziqu's thread works said...

Sounds very simple and looks so elegant. I'll certainly be trying this way! Thanks for sharing Lilla!

Sandies' Patch said...

This is beautiful! Think there maybe some lace and sheers in my stash.........

Mosaic Magpie said...

Thank you for sharing and the idea of using a heat gun.
Deb

SuZ Stuff said...

very lovely ! I'll sure give this technique a try---thank you

Marion said...

Love, love, love this. I've been saving (hoarding) a huge bag of vintage lace and you've inspired me to try a rose with your pattern. Thanks so much for sharing it! xo

Lorraine said...

Ooh, I love it, love it!! Thanks for the how-to! Have a great week!!

*Mieke*Petitevictorianrose*and*PastTimeChildhood said...

Hi Lilla, what a gorgeous rose, you make it sound simple, but it looks so wonderful !
Thank you for sharing this great idea :)

Hugs Mieke xxx

Wendy said...

Your way makes a stunning flower!

linda smith said...

beautiful love it

Olive said...

Very pretty. I have some blue just like you used, and now I will go make some to give to friends, because of you. You just brightened the day for several people :-)