Friday, March 13, 2015

Canvas art romance


Just made an art picture for the wall
Canvas is 11 x 14 inches.
To make it look like I painted all of it ........
I first primed and painted the canvas pale aqua
Printed the picture full size.
Glued it neatly down, and proceeded to paint over it.
Some colors were re-touched. I added some gold.
I painted a bronze border all around
Then to incorporate the picture into the back ground I painted the branches and blossoms to match
The whole thing was varnished and let dry.
To further embellish I threaded an old pearl buckle onto satin ribbon and affixed that around the top.
Three vintage buttons were glued to the bottom corner and my art was done.

SOLD

the proposal

4 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Your painted additions to this beautiful image have given it that something special!
Gorgeous Lilla!

Heirlooms For You said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Carol

Janice said...

Very beautiful! A job well done, indeed!

janie krig said...

Very romantic for spring.