Tuesday, June 16, 2015

a dramatic velvet flower

This is one of my flower tutorials
Easy to make
Looks good with velvet or satin.
You need a 4 inch piece of velvet, a piece of tulle and some fancy yarn for decoration
Lay the tulle or net onto the velvet, cut out the pattern
Sew on a few fancy yarns or trims, follow the petal shape
Cut hole in center.Gather around this with a running stitch
Use a heat gun to melt the edges of each petal and add some shape.
 melt extra net away.
Sew chunky bead in the center
Add 2 leaves, I had a couple of old velvet ones.
Now put the flower on a bag, a bracelet or in the hair.
Later I will show you what I did with this one.


5 comments:

Createology said...

Miss Lilla this flower is simply gorgeous! Thank you sew very much for sharing how you create this. I shall be looking forward to seeing your complete project.

Judys Fabrications said...

This is quite a dramatic and gorgeous flower.

Sandies' Patch said...

Lovely flower! My colours too! xxx

Lottie me said...

It looks very vintage from the Victoria era. Beautiful!

A Magical Whimsy said...

Thank you for this sweet velvet flower tutorial. I just made a couple of flower brooches with vintage fabric and painstakingly stitched the double petals together with my sewing machine, and also by hand. Then came hot gluing the brooch clasp onto the backside, and also gluing felt onto the backside as the backing. And boy howdy! The hot glue came out too fast, and I should have just dropped the entire brooch, but I didn't and got burned with the glue. Fortunately I was in my laundry room where there was a sink right there, so I held my hand under cold water, then I got the bottle of Aloe Vera gel out of my refrigerator and slathered my index finger with it. So, I learned a lesson with the hot glue! My finger is okay. Hot glue is great, but also it takes lots of time and patience and can't be rushed.