Monday, August 17, 2015

ephemera book


if you collect ephemera like me and want to use it
here is one way I like
Create a book cover with an old cafe place-mat cover and make some signatures with old ephemera in your collection.
I made 3 signatures and sewed them into the spine
the pages are all from my collection, they are ready to scribble atop and add notes for travel like you would any journal.
Pictures look fine glued on the pages and I think adding travel photos and stamps would be great.
Tie on some tags and you have a pretty item for your trip.
folds into three

brochure for the Pope's palace I visited

4 comments:

Createology said...

You are so creative Miss Lilla to use ephemera for a fun travel journal.

Janie said...

that's a fun idea, thanks for sharing.

Rhonda said...

Sweet Lilla, how are you? It has been a long time since I visited, for that I apologize. Days are flying by and the older I get, the longer it takes me to accomplish even the simple things.

I wanted to stop in and say hello and that I've missed you. I need to catch up!!!

...and yes, I need to make a travel journal.

Lilla Le Vine said...

hello Rhonda, and all my friends
my fault the summer has kept me out of things
I do love to hear from everyone and check out blogs when I can
I am always on the go, beating the heat in the pool or enjoying family visits.
They all live on the Mainland so seeing them is infrequent
Been very hot and humid here, try to do some fabric art and drip, drip all over.
from the aloha state
Lilla