Monday, March 21, 2016

My old Chocolate box


This is a project for the chocolate boxes,
 you received for Valentines day and did not throw out
they were a bit flimsy but after my treatment turned out to be nice and strong and pretty

the finished embroidery is glued to the sides of the lid and velvet ribbon added to cover edges
I lined the inside bottom of the box with coppery silk fabric and velvet ribbon to match

detail of finished box

paint box to start

add some batting

sew some decorative quilting for tops

add stitchery, beads and trims, see a bit of the bottom of the box, with silk lining

Show me the finished boxes you create
I made a short video of this process on YouTube if you need more clarity
Lilla

1 comment:

Karen B. said...

All I can say is WOW! It is beautiful!
HUgs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen